Monday, 10 August 2015

Bridgette | No Meshing


 Hey! So glad to meet you.





You must be aware of my habit of trying to stand out from the crowd. In another attempt, I am trying to do the same. This time, with a mesh top and some pretty dope complementary pieces. We got our hands on this one when kimonos were a coveted piece. The strong floral motifs on the black surface have a huge impact. An ulterior motive of incorporating the kimono in the ensemble was to use it as a cover up to the mesh top. You would inquire, why does it need a cover up? We live in a conservative Indian society where skin show is a taboo, only when it comes to Western attire. It does not hold true when a woman is draped in a saree. I personally condemn this malarkey.

I wear pieces which I am comfortable in. The kimono kept me away from lecherous ogling, it also did a wonderful job by adding drama to the outfit. It would have been monotonous to see just a tee combined with a pair of black denim. The gladiators did a fabulous job in perfecting the outfit. No outfit is complete without a bag. This leather backpack has made a special place in my wardrobe. It is not only spacious, when it comes to bare essentials, but also a head turner.

I hope you like the post. Do let me know how you would go about styling your mesh top. Are you a fan of it or not? I am providing links to my Instagram handle and Pinterest. Do give them a peek. You could check out some of my recommendations on Wooplr too. For daily updates on the blog, you could give us a thumbs up on our Facebook page.

Thank you for reading, have a wonderful day.

XOXO
Bridgette,
In Style Custody 

12 comments:

  1. Oh I love that neck piece!

    www.cassiedaves.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do too. :P Thank you for dropping by Cassandra. :)

      Delete
  2. What a gorgeous look dear! I totally love your sandals! :)
    Simimaus

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Simona. Really appreciate it. :)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. We are glad you liked it. Thank you. :)

      Delete
  4. This look is super fly, love all the textures mixed into one! Come back and visit anytime!!

    www.sincerelymissj.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl. :D
      Will definitely check yours out.

      Delete
  5. I love everything about this outfit!

    Have a wonderful weekend!
    With love,
    Suzy ♥

    THE KAWAII PLANET

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Suzy. :)
      Wishing you a wonderful weekend.

      Delete
  6. GIRL you totally stand out. I like to do the same thing ;) Love this kimono and your mesh top .. SERIOUSLY you are fierce.

    XOXO
    www.kellmenow.com
    https://www.facebook.com/kellmenow?fref=ts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kelly, we are euphoric to know women want to be heard loud and clear.
      More power to us. :)

      Delete